WWinter 2020 Seasonal Flu Vaccination Service currently on hold.
Please contact your G.P. to book an appointment for your seasonal flu vaccine.
Seasonal flu is a highly infectious illness caused by the flu virus and can be prevented by having a seasonal flu vaccine each year. The virus is spread in the small droplets of saliva coughed or sneezed into the air by an infected person. Seasonal flu can also spread if someone with the virus touches common surfaces such as a door handle with unwashed hands.
Certain people are more ‘at risk’ if they contract seasonal flu and should be vaccinated annually. These people include:
- people aged 65 and over
- those with a long-term medical condition e.g. diabetes, heart or lung disease
- people whose immune system is impaired due to disease or treatment
- people with a body mass index (BMI) over 40
- pregnant women (can be given at any stage of pregnancy)
- residents of nursing homes & other long stay institutions
- healthcare workers
- Our seasonal flu vaccine service usually begins in mid-September. The vaccine is administered by one of our trained pharmacists in our private consultation room.
For further information please contact the pharmacy on +353 1 201 2946.
Please note : we are not currently taking bookings for the winter seasonal flu vaccination service.